Useful Links

Judicial Branch
Supreme Court
Superior Court
Circuit Court
Judicial Council
Department of Safety/Division of Motor Vehicles
New Hampshire Department of Corrections
New Hampshire Bar Association
New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers

Related Agencies

The Public Defender represents only citizens found to be indigent based on their financial affidavits who are charged with crimes that carry the possibility of incarceration upon conviction.

If you are charged with a crime, but you are not found to be indigent by the court, you cannot get the services of a public defender.  You will have to hire an attorney to represent you.

If you need a lawyer, but you are not charged with a crime in a New Hampshire state court, the following agencies may be able to help:

New Hampshire Legal Assistance
Disabilities Rights Center
ACLU of New Hampshire
Federal Defender
New Hampshire Bar Association Pro Bono Referral Program
Legal Advice and Referral Center